Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cesc Fabregas: Wenger will decide my future

Cesc Fabregas has placed his future in the hands of Arsene Wenger and says he will not let his possible transfer to Barcelona distract him from his World Cup campaign with Spain.Fabregas is believed to have told Arsenal he wants to leave for Barcelona this summer and bring to an end a seven-year stay in North London that has seen him mature into one of world football's leading midfielders.Barcelona are yet to make a firm offer for the player who quit their youth academy to join the Gunners in 2003,
 but the Spanish champions revealed on Tuesday that initial contact had been made between the two clubs.Fabregas has spoken of the "respect" he has for Wenger after confirming he held a lengthy conversation with the Arsenal manager, and says his destiny will now be determined by his club, leaving him free to focus on the World Cup.
"I will only say one thing, I have great respect for Arsene Wenger, for Arsenal Football Club and for the Arsenal fans," Fabregas said in a press conference. "Sometimes not even in my house have I felt more loved than I have at Arsenal."I had a long conversation with Arsene, it is probably the greatest conversation I have had with someone in my life, and I respect him so much and I don't want to say too much about this.
"He told me to concentrate on my football, to concentrate on the World Cup. He told me to leave it in his hands and he will deal with whatever happens for my future. That is what I'm doing: concentrate on my football."It is not up to me anymore, it is just now about Arsenal and however it has to be, that is it. I don't want to say anything else, I just want to be focused on the World Cup because it is the most important thing. The rest is the future, and I am not interested in the future."Fabregas missed the conclusion of the Premier League season due to a fractured leg but says he is recovering well ahead of the finals in South Africa.
"The feelings couldn't be better after training three days normally," Fabregas said. "Now it's as if I'm in pre-season, I have heavy legs which is normal at the start."

No comments: