Tuesday, February 08, 2011

From blind love to blissful wedding

IPOH: It was literally love at first “hearing” for blind couple R. Subramaniam and S. Logeswary.Subramaniam, a receptionist said he was attracted to his wife’s sweet and gentle voice that he called her every two days after he was introduced to her by mutual friends.Subramaniam who works at the Malaysian Association for the Blind in Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur, said he “burnt the telephone lines” for six months before finally meeting Logeswary, who was living in Malacca then.

“The first time I called her I was scared as I was not prepared for the outcome.“When she did not reject me after the first call, I knew I had a chance,” he said after their traditional wedding ceremony at the Sri Muneeswarar Temple in Kampung Jalan Spooner, Falim near here yesterday.

The 32-year-old was born without a cornea in his right eye and suffered from glaucoma in the other while Logeswary, 30, has been blind since she was 17 following a road accident.The couple registered their marriage in Taiping last year.Subramaniam said he admired Logeswary as she was an active woman who could cook and do other household chores easily despite her disability.

Logeswary said she was smitten by Subramaniam’s politeness.“He will take good care of me,” said the soft-spoken Logeswary, who works as a masseuse in Subang.On their future plans, Subramaniam hopes to set up a massage centre with his wife.

Source : http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2011/2/8/nation/8021280&sec=nation



No comments: