Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ummi Hafilda to campaign for BN in next polls

PETALING JAYA, Jan 13 — Ummi Hafilda Ali, a key witness in Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s first sodomy trial, vowed today to actively campaign for Barisan Nasional (BN) in the next general election.Ummi claimed that her presence in BN’s campaign would prevent a repeat of Election 2008 when the coalition lost its customary two-thirds parliamentary majority for the first time.
“If anyone is willing to invite me, I will go. Some may say Anwar is a great orator but I know he is afraid of me,” she said at a press conference here.Prior to Election 2008, the sister of PKR deputy president Azmin Ali was active in addressing Umno-organised rallies where she related her experience in exposing Anwar’s alleged sexual misconduct to former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.

Anwar was later convicted for abuse of power and sodomy and was released in 2004 after the sodomy conviction was overturned by the Federal Court, but is currently on trial for allegedly sodomising his former aide in 2008.Ummi resurfaced recently and appeared on the front page of Umno-owned Utusan Malaysia last month where she urged Azmin to repent.“In the 12th general election, when I did not take part in the campaign, you could see how arrogant Anwar was when spreading lies, because of his lies we lost five states to the opposition,” Ummi said.

“If I go around the country campaigning that will be the end of Anwar because I know his secrets,” she added.She stressed that even without invitation from Umno she would still proceed with her nationwide tour.
“I have my strategy, but I understand if the government does not want to be involved as they may be tired of the accusation by Anwar that the government has been involved in a conspiracy against him,” said Ummi, who claims to be an Umno member.

“But for me I have no reason to be afraid, in fact I’m challenging him for a debate, there is no need for him to debate with the prime minister,” she added, referring to Anwar’s challenge to Najib for a debate on the national economy.She is also planning to file several lawsuits against Pakatan Rakyat (PR) leaders for allegedly defaming her and for attempting to cover up Anwar’s alleged crime.She said she has been in discussion with her lawyer to sue Anwar, his lawyer Karpal Singh, PAS central committee member Mohamad Sabu and PKR president Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Ismail.

Source : http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/malaysia/article/ummi-hafilda-to-campaign-for-bn-in-next-polls/

No comments: