Monday, August 30, 2010

Sacked but KP Samy still gets show-cause letter

PETALING JAYA: In a strange turn of event, expelled MIC central working committee (CWC) member KP Samy was slapped with a show-cause letter by the MIC headquarters yesterday.
The former party leader, who is also a coordinator for Gerakan Anti-Samy Vellu (GAS), was reprimanded for not attending the 64th MIC annual general meeting (AGM) held on July 10 and 11 and asked to explain. But KP Samy was sacked from the party on May 24.

In the show-cause letter dated Aug 16, MIC secretary-general T Rajagopalu stated that KP Samy was absent from the party's AGM in July, implying that the event was an important avenue to discuss various matters pertaining to the Indian community.Rajagopalu gave KP Samy two weeks to reply to the show-cause letter, failing which action will be taken against him.Speaking to FMT, KP Samy said that he is perplexed when he received the letter yesterday.

“I was shocked and out of words when I received the letter. As far as I know, I was sacked by party president S Samy Vellu in May itself.“I was never reinstated as my expulsion was upheld by the CWC on July 22.”“I am surprised the party still considers me a member,”said KP Samy.The former MIC veteran said the letter proved that the party still recognised his contributions to the party and community as a whole.
“This letter signalled that the party still recognises my contributions and holds me in high regard,” he said, adding that he will reply.“Though I am not sure what is going on, I will explain my absence to the party,” he said, declining to divulge more details.“I will elaborate on my reply at a press conference on Monday.”
“All I can say now is that the letter confirmed that I am still an MIC member and I will resume my duties as a party member,” said KP Samy.

Source : http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/fmt-english/politics/barisan-nasional/9746-sacked-but-kp-samy-stills-get-show-cause-letter

No comments: