Monday, July 26, 2010

Sacked MIC man to head towards opposition?

KUALA LUMPUR: Sacked MIC central committee member KP Samy will decide in one month's time the course of his political future.As it stands, he has an offer from an unnamed opposition party to join them as well as the option of setting up his own NGO to continue with his intention to help the Indian community.
I'm still mulling several avenues to continue with my political struggle, be it through an opposition party or setting up my own NGO to assist the Indian community in Klang,”said Samy in a press conference today.


He was sacked by MIC president S Samy Vellu on May 24 for allegedly tarnishing the party. His appeal for reinstatement was dismissed by the party's CWC on July 22.Samy, a known critic of Samy Vellu, has continously raised the issue of the president sitting on the post for a long time. Samy is also a loyalist of Samy Vellu's arch rival and former deputy president S Subramaniam.When asked today as to the identity of the opposition party which had offered to take him in, Samy said it was not the time to reveal the identity of the party.“I do not wish to reveal the name yet, as I'm still undecided,”said Samy. “I will decide within a month on what's my next step going to be.“However let me reiterate that no matter where I go, I do not wish to have any position of power as I'm only interested in serving the community.”He also added that his 4,000 supporters are eagerly awaiting for his next move, be it in the opposition party or through his NGO.

Selfish Murugiah

On another matter, Samy also took a swipe at Deputy Minister in the Prime Minister's Department T Murugiah for joining MIC, claiming that the former PPP man had put his interest above that of his supporters.
“A real leader will put his people's interest before himself. Here we have the leader entering the party first, leaving his supporters in a lurch over their fate,” said Samy.Murugiah joined MIC last week after being partyless for more than a year. He was sacked by PPP for tarnishing the party's image in May 2009.Samy also dismissed Murugiah's claim of having 210,000 supporters, who have yet to join MIC.“I challenge him to recruit a minimum of 5,000 people for MIC from major cities in Malaysia.”
“I also challenge party president Samy Vellu to set up an additional 2,000 branches to accommodate Murugiah's supporters,” said Samy.

 
Source : http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/fmt-english/politics/pakatan-rakyat/8408--sacked-mic-man-to-head-towards-opposition

No comments: